Students log in to Career Central to complete modules based around Self-Awareness, Opportunity Awareness and Deciding and Acting. Modules have been customised to suit student year levels and students can update their responses in the modules anytime should their answers change.
Career Central organises all student responses from completed modules into the staff dashboard in real time. Careers Advisors and teachers are able to see student responses at both an individual and group level to personalise plans as well as identify patterns and commonalities.
Using student responses and Career Central’s many features, career pathways can be managed by both students and careers advisors. Career Central also empowers non-careers staff so career planning can be done in class.
Careers Advisors login to the staff dashboard on Career Central and can manage student pathways based on student responses in completed modules.
- Identify personal qualities, interests, career values and skills.
- Browse, research and store jobs that they think will suit them.
- Indicate intentions for the following year, including subjects they are considering or tertiary education.
- Create a CV.
- Message the Careers Advisor, book an interview, or make a request (e.g a reference for a job).
- Explore resources and opportunities such as event invitations, relevant notices and links to useful websites for further information.
- Set personal, education, and careers goals.
With these features, students can take ownership of their career plan.
Careers Advisors Can:
- Record student interview notes in the student’s individual profile.
- View each student’s individual responses from completed modules for deeper understanding and personalised career planning from the staff dashboard.
- Quickly search for and view similar groups of students to enable targeted, personalised communication and identify group commonalities. For example, students in Year 12 who are interested in attending The University of Queensland.
- Message targeted groups of students.
- Easily create reports to send to parents and school leaders.
- Stay in contact with past students.
With these features, careers advisors can manage student career pathways.
Simple Sign Up Process
Our sign up process will have you transforming your schools career education in 4 easy steps.
*Time frame is indicative only and is subject to each applicant’s individual pace.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sign up just one year level?
No. Career Central is billed on a roll basis (Y9 – Y12 inclusive), You are welcome to only use it with one-year level, however we find after a school as trialed the programme they almost always roll it out to other year levels.
Can all school staff access Career Central?
Access to Career Central for non-careers staff is given by the Careers Department on an individual basis.
I see there is a high level of support available. Does this include school visits?
All online, email and phone support is free and readily available. However, there will be a fee for school visits to cover travel and time costs.
Do I have to pay for updates?
No, all updates are automatic and free of charge. This means you always experience the best version of Career Central without any interruption.
What if I sign up mid-way through the school year?
No problem, Career Central's annual subscription cost will adjust to how many school terms are left in the school year. An annual subscription will be charged for the full year thereafter.